Financial institutions must be equipped to fluidly adapt to turbulent external factors ranging from regulatory policy changes and technological developments to rapidly emerging markets and changing geopolitical and competitive landscapes. Moorland Gray understands that the attainment of sustainable success requires organizational agility.
From a human capital standpoint, ever-changing industry parameters necessitate the ability of financial institutions to quickly source senior executives (and non-executives) with the optimal functional skill-sets, transformational leadership abilities, and cultural fits to drive and implement dynamic organizational growth agendas. Moorland Gray offers the ideal retained executive search partnership solution through our dedicated, consultative, results-oriented Financial Services Practice.
The Moorland Gray Financial Services Practice provides nuanced industry insights, stellar worldwide networks, unrivalled regional scale, and extensive executive search experience. This is translated into best-in-class retained search solutions and resulting long-term partnerships with leading financial institutions within both the Middle East and Africa (MEA) region, in which we are headquartered as well as the frontier, emerging and developed global markets to which our network presence extends across Europe, Asia and the Americas.
Moorland Gray specializes in cross-functional Board-level, C-suite, critical management and highly technical senior executive placements across the full range of Financial Services industry sub-sectors.
Our focus areas include:
The Moorland Gray search process is uniquely transparent, communicative and customizable to each client’s needs. Our Financial Services Partners and Practice Heads lead each search mandate, consulting with clients in depth to understand stakeholder and organizational requirements and ideals for the hire, and then using research-backed market intelligence and carefully honed subject matter expertise to translate that understanding into the most suitable strategy for each search.
The Moorland Gray Financial Services Practice leadership remains actively engaged throughout the entire search process, serving as primary points of contact and holding absolute accountability for search delivery at every step of the journey – from assignment acquisition through to shortlisting, candidate screening, offer management, on-boarding and beyond. Our Financial Services Practice is also backed by an in-house research team composed of Associates and supporting Analysts who are detail-oriented and industry-focused, and who help enable our unrivalled ability to deliver successfully on complex, challenging searches that require large magnitude or multi-faceted outreach. The scale and expertise of our seasoned team ensures high-quality, targeted search execution and allows for the compilation of in-depth industry analysis and detailed continuous reporting, which provides full visibility of the talent landscape as well as of our candidate engagement progress, nuanced screenings and comparative criteria-based assessments. Our proprietary process ensures client satisfaction across the full assignment lifecycle.
Moorland Gray has become the trusted long-term search partner of choice for a multitude of forward-thinking financial institutions that rely on our expertise and comprehensive research-backed executive search process to consistently turn their most critical senior openings into competitive advantages. Find out more information on Moorland Gray’s Executive Search process and capabilities.
SELECTED TRACK RECORD
With executive search success in the Financial Services space since 2006, Moorland Gray has amassed an impressive track record, including hundreds of local and global assignments completed across the full spectrum of functions for clients throughout our sub-sector specializations.
Our extensive track record of success includes the following sample of recent placements:
• Chief Executive Officer – Islamic Financial Services Institution
• Chief Executive Officer – Commercial Bank
• Chief Executive Officer – Financial Regulator
• Chief Executive Officer – Retail & Corporate Bank
• Chief Executive Officer, Asia Pacific – Commercial Bank
• Chief Advisor – Financial Free Zone
• Chief Financial Officer – Private Equity Firm
• Exchange Advisor – Financial Regulator
• Deputy CEO – Commercial Bank
• Deputy CFO – Semi-Government Institution
• Chief Investment Officer – Family Office
• Chief Technology Officer – Investment Company
• EVP / Chief Risk Officer – Commercial Bank
• VP & EVP Restructuring Project – Investment Bank
• SVP / Business Risk & Strategy – Commercial Bank
• Multi-hire Director & Managing Director
• Coverage Restructuring Project – Commercial Bank
• Multi-hire Relationship Manager Team Project – Private Bank
• Multi-hire Investment Banking Project – Commercial Bank
• Executive Director, Fundraising – Alternative Investment Company
• Group Head of Wholesale Banking & International – Commercial Bank
• Group Treasury Head – Commercial Bank
• Global Head of Transaction Banking – Commercial Bank
• Group Head of Consumer Banking – Commercial Bank
• General Counsel – Insurance Institution
• Director of Policy & Legal – Financial Regulator
• Head of Wholesale Banking – Islamic Bank
• Head of Debt Capital Markets – Commercial Bank
• Head of Loan Syndications – Commercial Bank
• Head of Compliance – Corporate & Investment Bank
• Head of Retail Banking – Retail & Corporate Bank
• Head of Private Banking – Islamic Bank
• Head of Brokerage – Investment Bank
• Head of Corporate Finance Advisory – Investment Bank
• Head of SME – Islamic Bank
• Head of Middle East & North Africa –Private Bank
• Head of Investment Banking – Commercial Bank
• Head of Real Estate Investment – Islamic Investment Business
• Head of Cash Management – Commercial Bank
• Head of Trade Finance – Commercial Bank
• Head of Institutional Asset Management Sales – Global Asset Management Firm
• Business Manager, Capital Markets – Universal Bank
• Equities Portfolio Manager – Sovereign Wealth Fund
Our absolute commitment to successful delivery and quality client and candidate care is why the majority of our business is from longstanding clients or by direct referral.
For further information on our recent track record and capabilities in your particular geographic or industry area, or to arrange a discussion about your organization’s partnership needs, please contact our team by phone on +971 (0)4 279 6300.